Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New Blog, Renewed Blog

If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you know that my writing and my reading are pretty eclectic. For those of you who don't know that, here's the scoop - I write (and read) across genres and resist the current "need" to be "branded." I write literary nonfiction, commercial nonfiction, literary fiction, commercial fiction, poetry. Occasionally I venture into academic writing (although it's been a while).    

All this variety makes life more interesting for me, but I suspect that it has also made this blog a bit too eclectic for some readers. Not that having multiple interests is all that unusual. It's just that my particular constellation of interests isn't likely to coincide with anyone else's constellation. 

So I am making some adjustments. This blog will continue to focus on writing - the things we write, the act of writing, the writing life. And although I do not judge a work by its genre or place in the big-box bookstores, I will lean here toward forms we tend to think of as "literary." (I do include some "genre" writers in that category, by the way.)

My new blog, "Writers & Other Animals," is where you will now find posts about books and other writing in which animals are important, if not central. If you like fiction and nonfiction featuring animals, I hope you will check it out. 

So there you have it. Both blogs will get rolling in earnest in March, with occasional "warm-up" posts in the meantime. 

Comments welcome! 

Sheila



2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting, Sheila. Can't wait to read both blogs.

    ReplyDelete